Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day #222 Recap (Final Fantasy Tactics Postgame?)

Current Game: In-Between Games

Current Play Time: 0:00
Total Play Time - 431:49
Current Game Overs - 15
Total Game Overs: 44

Where I Currently Am: Finished the Game...
Stuff Did Today: Went down to Orbonne Monastery... saved the world from Ultima, the High Seraph... and ruined my save file, by you know... saving as I went along.

Current Setup:

None

Status & Notes:

So... yeah, that happened. I did not realize that if you save anywhere along the final series of fights, your save file literally becomes meaningless... how stupid is this in a sandbox game?!?!? I mean wow... The point in being able to play around and build up your characters, but, nope... no way to get back to the map once you start in on the last series of battles... and this is a revision of the game, you think that would be something they could go in and fix if it was in issue in the PS1 version of the game.

So... the end result is... no Midlight's Deep for me. I'm not too broken up over this. It wasn't going to be the most difficult thing in the world. Would just be to pick up some rare items that would've helped me to get through those last series of fights. Yeah, I missed an optional boss... but really, its hard to even consider him a super boss. Sure he casts Zodiark and what not... but, eh...

So, what I'm going to do is basically study up on Midlight's Deep so I make sure to comment on it correctly in my review. I'm not going in and replaying the game right now or getting some souped up downloadable save file just to go in and do Midlight's Deep. Plus I think we can all agree it will be nice to get a change of pace and back into the main series!

So, for today... we are going to write the Tactics Review, and then get a start on Final Fantasy VII! At least enough so that I can start to template out my setup... Let's see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment