Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Inclusions and Exclusions pt. 2

Q: You do realize you have Final Fantasy IV in your game list twice, right?

A: Yes, I do. Final Fantasy IV has been remade many many times, and the best of those remakes is certainly the PSP version with a small bit of exclusive content as well as the sequel in The After Years. However, the DS remake contains a completely different style of gameplay. Far more difficult than any of the other versions with some unique elements.

Q: No Crystal Chronicles?

A: The Crystal Chronicles games may bear the Final Fantasy name, but I consider it to really be separate from the core series. The original was an experiment in multiplayer gameplay that contained a few Final Fantasy tropes, though for the most part the game did not feel like a true Final Fantasy game. The series has continued on in various games and sidegames on the Nintendo consoles.

Q: Why the MMOs.

A: You could certainly make a case for why these should be excluded. However, I feel if they were important enough for Square to number them, they should be included. Plus, I feel they have good gameplay, and manage to incorporate the true feel of the Final Fantasy games though in a different package.

Q: Why the Zodiac version of FF XII?

A: FF: XII is one of my favorites of the series. Though, my one complaint was that the license system kind of  made all the characters seem very similar in their gameplay. I'll admit, I have not tried the zodiac job system, but I am excited to see if this makes for some interesting gameplay choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment