Sunday, May 5, 2013

Inclusions and Exclusions

Q: Really? Theatrythm and Dissidia?

A: Yes, I know, these are certainly the 3 games that are the biggest stretch outside of the core Final Fantasy multiverse. However, I feel that there is enough RPG elements within Dissidia, as well as some very interesting gameplay mechanics to warrant its inclusion.

As for Theatrythm, if you can't celebrate the music of Final Fantasy, then you're missing one of the most defining characteristics and standout elements of the series. Plus, I just really love rhythm games.

Q: If Type-0 were to come out in the US would you include it in the list?

A: Yes

Q: Where are the Game Boy Final Fantasies?

A: They're not actually Final Fantasies... Final Fantasy Legend I, II, and III are actually the first 3 games in the SaGa franchise. While Final Fantasy Adventure is the prequel to Secret of Mana.

Q: No Dirge of Cerebus?

A: I've struggled with this one, and I feel that while the story is certainly part of the FFVII universe, the gameplay is too far outside the core of Final Fantasy. Though if for some reason, I am way ahead of schedule after Crisis Core, I would certainly consider adding it in.

Q: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?

A: Heh, another interesting game. The only Final Fantasy game to not have its initial release in Japan, it was made as an easy mode game for us stupid Americans. A quick easy game to be sure, but with some certainly memorable elements. I'd be hard-pressed not to mention Doom Castle as one of the best songs in all of Final Fantasy. Again, a game that I will consider playing if I find myself ahead of schedule, probably after Final Fantasy Dimensions.

Q: What is this schedule you speak of

A: I've scheduled the beginning of my play time to try and time it so that I get to FF X, around the time that the HD remaster comes out. I do realize that my schedule is wildly ambitious to begin with, but I'd rather not leave myself waiting. Also, I originally was going to begin on July 2nd to coincide with the end of the marathon being done by the Speed Gamers. However, since then, I've redone the list a couple of time, and now there I have a greater number of games to play before I get to FF X, so I will beginning in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment