Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day #389 Recap

Current Game(s): Final Fantasy X, Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Current Play Time(Final Fantasy X): 100:13
Current Play Time(Dissidia): 12:35
Total Play Time - 841:55

Current Game Overs(FF X) - 7
Current Game Overs(Dissidia) - 0
Total Game Overs: 65

Where I Currently Am(FF X): powering up for the rest of the dark aeons
Where I Currently Am(Dissidia): Story mode (8/10 complete)

Stuff Did Today(FF X): Took on all of the Monster Arena manager's strongest creations... Greater Sphere went down, followed by Catastrophe and Th'uban... Neslug was a bit of a pain but I defeated him and his poison. Ultima Buster lost its arms and head over fighting me. Shinryu went down in 3 hits... no seriously he did. Nemesis took me two tries, but he too fell. So, I decided to go elsewhere to get my challenges. In the Thunder Plains a father and son team tried to have their Dark Ixion take me out. That didn't work so well. Either time... I headed over to Macalania Woods where the guado still think I'm a traitor... and after I took out Dark Shiva they sent warriors to take me out... unfortunately they were the same warriors they first sent out at me wayyy before... yeah... not a great idea. So, I headed back into the temple and spoke to the Fayth... who told me once again that killing Sin will make me disappear... aww.w...

Stuff Did Today(Dissidia): Bartz as we know was transported into enemy territory... so he was looking for his friends and his crystal. He found a crystal... but unfortunately it was a fake that Exdeath created and when Zidane touched it, he was transported off somewhere. Damn these Chaos minions and their port keys. Anyway, Bartz eventually found Exdeath and took him out and found his crystal in the process...

Meanwhile, The Onion Knight was travelling with Terra, and he was treasure hunting. By the way, he doesn't fight anyone he can't beat.... with Comet... They eventually get somewhere where their sensors detect something with a power level over 9000!!!!! Well, not exactly, its just Exdeath... and he lets them go... how anticlimactic. Anyway, all of a sudden Terra starts freaking out, and Onion Knight has to fight her. So he does... and then Terra has an orgasm and disappears... seriously, watch the cutscene and tell me that's not what happens. So... we get the explanation that Terra is under the curse of the Cloud of Darkness... the orgasm curse... and the onyl way to save Terra is to beat The Cloud of Darkness... btu she's stronger than us and we don't fight anyone stronger than us... so, after all these moral dilemmas we fight the Cloud of Darkness and save Terra... meanwhile Golbez continues to help us out and points out our crystal...

Status & Notes: 

So, yeah, we did ALOT in FFX today. Not really a whole lot in stat building, but we really don't need to very much anymore. So, lets talk about some Superbosses. The first... and easiest superboss we'll talk about today is Nemesis. The most powerful enemy in the original NA version of the game... he's actually really stupidly simple. As long as your Agility is high enough... the strategy is as such... if(!AutoLife) Cast AutoLife... else Quick Hit... yeah that's pretty much it. He takes a while... my fight probably took oh... 28 minutes or so. 10Million is a lot of HP. But yeah... really not a huge challenge.

On to Dark Ixion... this one is kind of annoying... its the standard Dark Aeon fight except he counterattacks everything... if you have Ribbon armor this is a joke... I did not. So, basically, you want to just heal, auto-life, and attack when you can... and obviously summon an Aeon to take the overdrive.

Dark Shiva... first real tough one... after all her regular attack cancels out Auto-Life... ugh... anyway... in the end, you basically just have to go all out and attack as much as possible summoning Aeons when necessary. Pretty Standard.

I took on Dark Yojimbo once because I thought that farming him would be a good idea to get Ribbon or Break HP Limit Armors... yeah, I hope you got a good laugh at that. Not that he's overly difficult... he's not. He is time consuming though... The thing is, to beat him, you need to max out your Accuracy and fully power it up... I'd really recommend having Rikku powered up with full overdrive so you can Ultra Nul All or whatever it is to start off the fight. After that its just a pretty standard Dark Aeon fight... except some of his attacks are really strong... one of the few fights where having Break HP Limit with a high amount of HP is helpful... he will certainly be the last one I'll take out pre-pennance (You have to kill him 5 times in a row to actually defeat him so he's very farmable)

So, next step in FF X? Well, we actually have 3 more (super) bosses that are very beatable right now... Cindy, Mindy, and Sandy... yeah, I don't understand why they don't MAKE you fight the 3 of them together... well, they don't... and they're fairly simple apart... so that's what we'll do next. After this... sigh... I do need to do more farming. To take on Dark Bahamut and Dark Anima I'm going to need good Ribbon armor... (Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix)... and eventually probably some special Penance armor... my plan is to just Sleep Sprout farm... make lots of money and hopefully some fairly quick Dark Matters. I'd much rather this than Dark Yojimbo farming. Also, I'm going to go and stat up Rikku some... its finally time where I could really use her Mix abilities.

Over to Dissidia... where we finished up Bartz and Onion Knight... thus making us 8 of 10 as far as the original tales go. I have to say, Onion Knight is probably my favorite play style out of everyone so far. He feels strong and fast and Comet is really fun to use. Other than that, I do kind of enjoy how the stories all kind of do connect if you play them in the correct order.... using Golbez as kind of a glue between the different groups of members. Seriously, though, the scene where the Cloud of Darkness curses Terra... kind of made me feel dirty watching it. Also, today is Bonus Day!!! Hooray! So you know we'll make some progress today... will we be able to finish the last 2 stories??? Dunno, we'll have to see. Anyway, that's enough writing for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment