Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day #249 Recap (Crisis Core: FF VII)

Current Game: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Current Play Time: 0:19
Total Play Time - 486:00
Current Game Overs - 0
Total Game Overs: 46

Where I Currently Am: Just After Mission 1-1-1
Stuff Did Today: Took out Emerald and Ruby Weapon and then headed to take out Sephiroth. Next, I loaded up Crisis Core and took out the initial mission and the first training mission.

Current Setup:

Zack - Lv 6
SP: 964
HP: 640 MP: 87 AP: 95
Atk: 19 Vit: 18 Mag: 17 Spr: 17 Lck: 8

Equipment:
Materia:
Fire Lv 1, Blizzard Lv 1, Cure Lv 1
Accessories:
Bronze Bangle

Materia List:
Fire Lv 1
Blizzard Lv 1
Cure Lv 1 - Spr + 1

DMW:
Sephiroth - 0%
Angeal - 0% 

Status & Notes: 

Alright!!!! Final Fantasy VII down!!! Man, that took a while. I'd like to talk a little bit about the Super Bosses. First I'd like to talk about Ruby Weapon... the prize for killing Ruby Weapon is a Gold Chocobo... now,  I want to know how many people have actually taken down Ruby Weapon without doing the Chocobo Breeding part of the game first... I mean, sure I guess its possible. First you have to figure out the strategy... which would mean probably getting some people with all their Limit Breaks and enter into battle levelled up. Then you would need W-Magic with Comet and MP Turbo and HP Absorb... this would at least give you like 80k damage a cast. Obviously you can't have Mime and Quadra Magic... so still this is going to take a while... and like I said... this is doable I suppose but crap, its a lot of effort. I'd much rather just go in solo with Cloud and Quadra Hades and KoR. With Final Attack/Revive backup... pretty easy.

Now, to the Super Boss they got right. Emerald Weapon. Yes, this is really just a gear check. He is fast as a racecar and as powerful as Meteor itself. Without having lots of Mime materia and KoR casts this is just not doable. I levelled up quite a bit, (yes, not to max) and still actually wiped once on him and almost lost... yeah, he had about 30k HP left after all my main casts were used up and I actually killed him after Aire Tan Storm went off and left one guy I had setup with only 2 materia on to go off for Lucky 7. Excellent Reward though... can't think of anything much better than a set of Master Materia.

The ending of Final Fantasy VII is really well done. First of all, it is a great fight with probably THE most over the top animation for a super move ever in a Final Fantasy game.. I'm talking about Super Nova obviously. Pretty much matches Knights of the Round in length and is really even cooler. I remember the first time I saw it and just thinking it was the coolest thing ever. The actual cinematic ending really ties everything together. Saving the planet, the destruction of Midgar, Aeris directing the lifestream to save the planet. So good...

So, anyway, now we're on to Crisis Core. Thankfully, I think the time its going to take me to do the Daily Recaps are going to be WAY down for this game which is great, because FF VII was WAY time consuming in that department. If I ever have to manually sort through a materia list again it will be too soon. Not much to say about it yet, because A) I'm playing this blind and B) I've only gone through the training mission, and C) I had way too much to talk about the end of FF VII and D) I still have to write the review for FF VII.

That's my goal for the day... write the FF VII review and get a little farther in Crisis Core.

No comments:

Post a Comment