Friday, January 31, 2014

Day #266 Recap (Final Fantasy VIII)

Current Game: Final Fantasy VIII

Current Play Time: 5:18(???)
Total Play Time - 540:03
Current Game Overs - 0
Total Game Overs: 59

Where I Currently Am: Balamb Garden
Stuff Did Today: Went over to the Fire Cavern and beat up Ifrit to get a new GF, and was told there's no time before my Field Exam... which means I have all the time in the world to play Triple Triad!!!

Current Setup:

Squall - Lv 7

HP: 486
Str: 27 - Thunder
Vit: 6
Mag: 18 - Sleep
Spr: 20 - Cure
Spd: 21
Eva: 1%
Hit: 255%
Luck: 16

ElemAtk - Fire(50%)

Equipment: Revolver
Junctioned GFs: Shiva, Quetozoatl, Ifrit

Magic: Esuna(7), Cure, Thunder, Scan, Fire, Blizzard(93), Sleep

Quistis - Lv 8

HP: 501
Str: 19
Vit: 5
Mag: 6
Spr: 6
Spd: 20
Eva: 1%
Hit: 103%
Luck: 15

Equipment: Chain Whip
Junctioned GFs: None

Magic: Cure(94), Thunder, Scan, Fire, Blizzard(92), Sleep

Guardian Force:

Quezocoatl - Lv 2
HP - 350
Compatibility: Squall - 600, Quistis - 620
Abilities: Mag-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item

Shiva - Lv 1
HP - 298
Compatibility: Squall - 575, Quistis - 648
Abilities: Spr-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item 

Ifrit - Lv 1 
HP -305
Compatibility: Squall - 600, Quistis - 570
Abilities: Str-J, Elem-Atk-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item 

Triple Triad:

Current Rules:
Balamb - Open, Diff

Card Inventory:
Lv 1: Geezard - 8, Fungar - 4, Bite Bug - 1, Red Bat - 5, Blobra - 4, Gayla - 6, Gesper - 6, Fastitocalon-F - 6, Blood Soul - 6, Caterchipillar - 6, Cockatrice - 6

Lv 2: Grat - 5, Buel - 8, Mesmerize - 3, Glacial Eye - 7, Belhelmel - 6, Thrustaevis - 5, Anacondaur - 7, Creeps - 2, Grendel - 7, Jelleye - 4, Grand Mantis - 5

Lv 3: Forbidden - 3, Armadodo - 2, Tri-Face - 4, Fastitocalon - 4, Snow Lion - 7, Ochu - 3, SAM08G - 3, Death Claw - 2, Cactuar - 2, Tonberry - 2, Abyss Worm - 5

Lv 4: Vysage - 1, T-Rexaur - 4, Bomb - 2, Blitz - 3, Wendigo - 3, Torama - 3, Imp - 2, Blue Dragon - 5, Adamantoise - 1, Hexadragon - 1

Lv 5: Iron Giant - 9, Behemoth - 2, Chimera - 4, Elastoid - 9, GIM47N - 6, Malboro - 6, Ruby Dragon - 8, Elnoyle - 9, Tonberry King - 5, Wedge&Biggs - 4

Lv 8: MiniMog - 1, Ifrit - 1

Lv 10: Quistis - 1

Status & Notes: 

Well, interesting administrative note... As you know I'm playing the Steam version of FF8... and umm, apparently there's bug with the internal clock in the game. It seems to go WAY faster than real time. It currently reads I've played like over 9 hours... which is ridiculous... So, I'm going to go with the reading from my Steam Profile for this... even though that's probably going to be a bit of an overshoot as well, as it will include ALL the time I take writing up my dailies, as well as resets if I lose a game of Triple Triad or something.... Oh well, at least it will count my Chocobo World time as well.

So, a couple things to talk about today. First up, Drawing... oh, this is about the worst mechanic ever. Why? Well, can you please give me a reason when you first encounter a spell on an enemy why you WOULDN'T want to draw 100 of them... You may say, yeah, because each spell takes about 15 minutes to draw 100 of... well, yes, but that's a quality of sanity reason, not a gameplay reason. From a gameplay standpoint, there is NO good reason not to sit around and just draw til you can't draw anymore. And yes, my version has Magic Booster... but I'm not using that... at least not until I get through most of Disc 1...

Secondly, Triple Triad!!! Probably my favorite thing about Final Fantasy VIII. Why? It's fun. It can make you SUPER overpowered way early in the game. See those 5 Abyss worms up there? Yeah, that's 100 tornado spells right there. Game over. Of course, right now is the absolute BEST place to grind up all these, because the rules get more complex as you go through the game unless you want to spend a TON of time abolishing rules, and that's not fun... so I'm basically just playing for a ton of cards. This will pretty much get me 75-80% of what I'll need for junctioning and Item Synthesis(yeah, there's another useless mechanic)... for 75-80% of the game.

Alright, that being said, my goal is to play some more Triple Triad and really get all the cards I need.. and then start farming fishes for AP...Like I said may be a good day or two before we do ANY plot... ah well, let's see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment