Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day #268 Recap (Final Fantasy VIII)

Current Game: Final Fantasy VIII

Current Play Time: 12:00
Total Play Time - 546:45
Current Game Overs - 0
Total Game Overs: 59

Where I Currently Am: Balamb Town... post graduation
Stuff Did Today: After winning Zell's card from Zell's mom and watching her cry as I left with it... I went back to Balamb Garden where I was accepted into SeeD. At the graduation party, I met one of the hottest chicks in FF history, and danced badly... on purpose. Then I was given an assignment to go meet some Forest Owls on a train to Timber... so... then I went back and won a card from my Headmaster, and then went outside and grinded some XP levels(?!?!?)

Current Setup:

Squall - Lv 20

HP: 3244 - Curaga
Str: 113 - Tornado
Vit: 6
Mag: 53 - Death
Spr: 13
Spd: 24
Eva: 2%
Hit: 255%
Luck: 16

ElemAtk - Blizzaga(100%)
ElemDef - Thundaga(150%)
StatAtk - Sleep(100%)
StatDef - Esuna(20% All except Death)

Equipment: Revolver
Junctioned GFs: Ifrit, Siren
Renzouken - Rough Divide

Magic: Esuna, Cure(98), Fire, Blizzard, Blizzaga, Thunder, Water, Tornado, Scan, Sleep, Double, Thundaga

Zell - Lv 15

HP: 832
Str: 72 - Tornado
Vit: 45 - Esuna
Mag: 11
Spr: 65 - Death
Spd: 23
Eva: 1%
Hit: 98%
Luck: 15

ElemAtk - Water(100%)

Equipment: Metal Knuckle
Junctioned GFs: Shiva
Duel - Punch Rush, Booya, Heel Drop, Mach Kick, Burning Rave

Magic: Thunder, Fire, Cure(91), Scan, Sleep, Blizzard(92), Water, Esuna(81), Double(65), Death, Blizzaga, Tornado

Selphie - Lv 14

HP: 2911 - Curaga
Str: 22
Vit: 43 - Esuna
Mag: 51 - Death
Spr: 10
Spd: 18
Eva: 1%
Hit: 98%
Luck: 19

ElemDef - Water(150%)

Equipment: Flail
Junctioned GFs: Quetzocoatl

Magic: Blind(13), Esuna, Cure(10), Double(6), Thunder(11), Curaga, Water, Death, Blizzard(6)

Quistis - Lv 10

HP: 582
Str: 20
Vit: 6
Mag: 8
Spr: 8
Spd: 21
Eva: 1%
Hit: 103%
Luck: 15

Equipment: Chain Whip
Junctioned GFs: None
Blue Magic: Laser Eye, Ultra Waves, Electrocute, Lv?Death, Degenerator, Aqua Breath, Acid, Gatling Gun, Fire Breath, Bad Breath, Mighty Guard

Magic: None

Guardian Force:

Quezocoatl - Lv 20
HP - 1266
Compatibility: Squall - 600, Zell - 600, Quistis - 620, Selphie - 580
Abilities: HP-J, Vit-J, Mag-J, Elem-Def-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item, Card, SumMag+10%, SumMag+20%, T Mag-RF, Mid Mag-RF, Card Mod

Shiva - Lv 18
HP - 1126
Compatibility: Squall - 575, Zell - 540, Quistis - 648, Selphie - 590
Abilities: Str-J, Vit-J, Spr-J, Elem-Atk-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item, Vit +20%, SumMag+10%, SumMag+20%, I Mag-RF

Ifrit - Lv 12
HP - 915
Compatibility: Squall - 600, Zell - 630, Quistis - 570, Selphie - 600
Abilities: HP-J, Str-J, Elem-Atk-J, Elem-Def-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item, Str+20%, Str+40%, Str Bonus, SumMag+10%, F Mag-RF, Ammo-RF

Siren - Lv 12
HP - 1064
Compatibility: Squall - 560, Zell - 580, Quistis - 584, Selphie - 640
Abilities: Mag-J, ST-Atk-J, ST-Def-J, Magic, GF, Draw, Item, Move-Find, SumMag+10%, GFHP+10%, GFHP+20%, L Mag-RF, ST Med-RF, Tool-RF

Triple Triad:

Current Rules:
Balamb - Open, Diff

Card Inventory:
Lv 1: Geezard - 12, Fungar - 9, Bite Bug - 12, Red Bat - 11, Blobra - 5, Gayla - 4, Gesper - 14, Fastitocalon-F - 10, Blood Soul - 13, Caterchipillar - 18, Cockatrice - 7

Lv 2: Grat - 12, Buel - 13, Mesmerize - 12, Glacial Eye - 16, Belhelmel - 12, Thrustaevis - 11, Anacondaur - 15, Creeps - 10, Grendel - 17, Jelleye - 11, Grand Mantis - 11

Lv 3: Forbidden - 5, Armadodo - 3, Tri-Face - 9, Fastitocalon - 3, Snow Lion - 3, Ochu - 6, SAM08G - 4, Death Claw - 5, Cactuar - 8, Tonberry - 4, Abyss Worm - 3

Lv 4:  Turtapod - 4, Vysage - 5, T-Rexaur - 11, Bomb - 5, Blitz - 3, Wendigo - 7, Torama - 7, Imp - 3, Blue Dragon - 9, Adamantoise - 6, Hexadragon - 8

Lv 5: Iron Giant - 15, Behemoth - 4, Chimera - 18, Elastoid - 14, GIM47N - 12, Malboro - 15, Ruby Dragon - 6, Elnoyle - 22, Tonberry King - 6, Wedge&Biggs - 8

Lv 8: MiniMog - 1, Ifrit - 1

Lv 10: Quistis - 1, Zell - 1, Seifer - 1

Status & Notes: 

I know what you're all thinking... DEAR GOD!!! HE'S GRINDING XP IN FF VIII!!!! CALL OUT THE SWAT TEAM!!! GET SeeD ON HIM!!!! Yes, I know killing like anything in FF VIII is one of the cardinal sins in all of video games... but worry not, I have a plan for all this. Which I am not ready to reveal yet... it will all work out in the end, I promise.

So, I wanted to talk a little about my history with FF VIII today, considering I don't have much plot to speak about. I've never owned a PS1... ever... I, like a lot of people was quite annoyed when I learned that Square would not be following Nintendo for the 3rd-gen systems. Eventually, though, I learned they were porting FF VII to the PC. So, after I graduated high school and got my own PC, it was one of the first purchases I made for it. Despite the bugs... I greatly enjoyed playing through it, and was very happy to learn that a PC version of VIII was coming out as well. I picked up VIII early into my freshman year of college, and immediately was enjoying it. My play style at the time was awful... I was very heavy on summoning GFs and light on actually drawing any magic and was incredibly reluctant to Mod any cards I got. The real reason I enjoyed it so much, however, was Rinoa. Probably one of my first video game crushes... unfortunately, though, somewhere right around winter break, I either lost my copy of FFVIII, or more likely someone stole it from me... so I was right around the end of Disc 2 at the time... it would be almost 12 years later before I would play through the game again... this time on emulator, of course. Finishing the game was so gratifying for me, just because of how long it had been since I'd played the game, having every intention of finishing it the first time I played it. I have kind of a funny story about FF IX too, which I'll share with you, probably in a couple of weeks.

So, anyway, will this grand plan of mine come together today??? Well, we'll just have to see how it goes, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment