Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day #288 Recap (Final Fantasy IX)

Current Game: Final Fantasy IX

Current Play Time: 1:56
Total Play Time - 602:41
Current Game Overs - 0
Total Game Overs: 59

Where I Currently Am: Ice Cavern
Stuff Did Today: Rounded up the Knights of Pluto, then pursued Princess Garnet onto Tantalus's theater ship. It tried to escape, but Queen Brahne shot it down with harpoons and then blew it up with a bomb. It crashed in the Evil Forest... which of course no one had EVER escaped from. First we had to rescue Garnet  and Vivi from plant cages, then we escaped the forest, but not before the forest petrified itself and one of Zidane's theater buddies along with it.

Current Setup:

Zidane - Lv 3
HP - 160 MP 38
Equipped Abilities: Beast Killer, Protect Girls, Flee-Gil, Flee, Detect
Equipment: Mage Masher, Leather Hat, Wrist, Leather Shirt, Moonstone

Speed: 23 Strength: 21 Magic: 18 Spirit: 23 Attack: 14 Defense: 6 Evade: 5 Magic Def: 6 Magic Eva: 3

Learned Abilities: None

Vivi - Lv 3
HP - 91 MP - 50
Equipped Abilties: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder
Equipment: Mage Staff, Leather Hat, Leather Wrist, Silk Shirt

Speed: 16 Strength: 12 Magic: 24 Spirit: 20 Attack: 12 Defense: 7 Evade: 7 Magic Def: 6 Magic Eva: 5

Learned Abilities: Fire

Steiner - Lv 3
HP - 183 MP - 25
Equipped Abilities: Minus Strike, Bird Killer, Bug Killer, Beast Killer, Antibody
Equipment: Iron Sword, Bronze Helm, Bronze Gloves, Bronze Armor

Speed: 18 Strength: 24 Magic: 12 Spirit: 22 Attack: 16 Defense: 9 Evade: 8 Magic Def: 6 Magic Eva: 2

Learned Abilities: None

Garnet - Lv 1
HP - 70 MP - 46
Equipped Abilities: None
Equipment: Rod, Leather Hat, Wrist, Silk Shirt

Speed: 21 Strength: 14 Magic: 23 Spirit: 17 Attack: 11 Defense: 7 Evade: 5 Magic Def: 6 Magic Eva: 3

Learned Abilities: Shiva, Ifrit, Atomos, Odin, Bahamut

Tetra Master:
4x Goblin 0P00
5x Fang 0P00
Skeleton 0P00
Lizard Man 0P00
Zombie 0M00
Bomb 0M00
Ironite 1P10
Sahagin 1P00 

Status & Notes: 


As I said yesterday, I'm kind of taking it easy for the first few days at least, at which point I'm sure I will pick up the pace. I have some time though, and it is not going to take me as long to get through this as it did Final Fantasy VIII... and there's one key reason for that. I'm not going to go nuts playing Tetra Master. Yes, I will list my cards above, but I'm not going to go out of my way to collect all the cards or anything like that. I've done it before and there's literally no purpose to it. Also, obviously, my run is not going to include getting the Excalibur II or anything ridiculous like that. I will be getting all the Chocobo Treasures, all the Blue Magic, etc. Just kind of wanted to outline my playthrough here.

I think I'm going to be focusing alot on the music in my commentary here, as, again, I have a very personal connection to the music from this game. There are a few GREAT tracks which unfortunately aren't heard very much in the game, just a couple of times which we get to experience in this short little bit of the game today. The first is Jesters of the Moon, which is the theme of Zorn and Thorn, a great track, go listen to it now, go! The other I really enjoy is the Evil Forest theme, which is very gentle and soothing for a place called the Evil Forest... Also, hearing the battle music in this game just makes me want to conduct all day.

Heh, so, today, probably another short day, my goal is really just to get through the Ice Cavern and make it over to Dali... really not being very ambitious so far. That'll change I'm sure... let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment